The NISM Series XA is the first of two certfications required to become a qualified investment adviser under the SEBI (Investment Advisers) Regulations, 2013 and offer investment advisory services. An associated person shall be required to pass both the levels (i.e. NISM-Series-X-A: Investment Adviser (Level 1) Certification Examination and NISM-Series-X-B: Investment Adviser (Level 2) Certification Examination) to fulfill the requirements under Regulation 7(2) of the SEBI (Investment Advisers) Regulations, 2013.
The certification aims to enhance the quality of investment advisory and related services in the financial services industry.
- On successful completion of the examination, the candidate should:
- Know the basics of investment advisory, steps in the advisory process, making and implementation of financial plan.
- Understand how to evaluate different products, their suitability and how the recommendation of the same can impact investment risks, returns and strategies in a personal finance environment for investors and prospective investors in the market.
- Get oriented to the Income tax, Wealth tax and legalities of Estate planning in personal finance, and regulatory aspects underlying advisory.
- Get acquainted with financial planning as an approach to investing, insurance, retirement planning and an aid for advisers to develop long term relationships with their clients.
- Assessment Structure
The examination consists of 100 questions of 1 mark each and should be completed in 2 hours. The passing score for the examination is 60%. There shall be negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned to a question for each wrong answer.